Ever-longer operating times together with increasing current densities – the demands on power transformers are constantly increasing. Reliable dehydration is therefore especially important for the optimum operation and durability of your investment. The maintenance-free MTRAB® 2.5 is the perfect solution for this challenge. It prevents the ingress of moisture into the insulating fluid of transformers, tap changers, and other electrical equipment filled with insulating fluids and permanently monitors them.
The MTRAB® 2.5 reduces operating costs immediately upon installation. In contrast to conventional dehydrating breathers, the MTRAB® 2.5 regenerates the silica gel desiccant via sensor control, and at the ideal time – based on the breathing cycle. This eliminates the need for costly replacement of the desiccant. Visual inspections are no longer necessary thanks to integration into the control and SCADA systems. Summary: A significant increase in the operational reliability of the transformer – because there is no risk of moisture ingress due to the desiccant being replaced too late or incorrectly.
The latest generation is packed with more than 15 years of experience with our customers. We have further improved and developed the quality proven over tens of thousands of times. The MTRAB® 2.5 is certified in accordance with the latest standard, IEC 60076-22-7. The MTRAB® 2.5 standard also includes:p>
- Data logger incl. software (software optional)
- Extended overvoltage protection in accordance with EN 60664-1 Category III
- IP66/IP67 degree of protection
- Corrosion protection C4H or CX in accordance with IEC 12944
- Test button for manually checking the function, moisture level at the device output and message chains (included as standard)
- Direct integration into monitoring and SCADA systems
- Prepared for integration into ETOS® (optional)
In contrast to conventional dehydrating breathers, the MTRAB® 2.5 uses intelligent sensor technology in the monitoring process. In ongoing operation, the air flowing to the oil conservator is directed across the silica gel desiccant, drying it in the process. A sensor permanently monitors the humidity of the air in the piping leading to the expansion tank.
If the humidity level (%rH) increases beyond the defined limit value, the desiccant regeneration function is activated – and this is based on the behavior of the equipment. This condition-based and self-learning algorithm ensures that the IEC 60076-22-7 standard and the limit values derived from it are complied with at all times.
The MTRAB® 2.5 product family is comprised of three sizes and three main versions:
- α-Steuerung: α-control: Condition-dependent control of the regeneration process via humidity monitoring.
- β-Steuerung: β-control: Self-learning system with condition-dependent control of the regeneration process via humidity monitoring and determination of the breathing cycle.
- γ -Steuerung: γ-control: Condition-dependent control of the regeneration process and switching of the regeneration chambers through monitoring the humidity in systems with a non-cyclic breathing behavior.
Our experts will be happy to calculate the design for you based on IEC 60076-22-7, including for special applications.
Please contact your MR representative.