The growing number and greater average age of power transformers, and increasingly more demanding technical requirements on monitoring, control and regulation, are presenting growing challenges for the work of asset managers and grid management. At the same time, the decision-making process is often impaired by unplanned outages, the increasing service life of equipment, and loss of knowledge. In order to efficiently operate and maintain existing systems and prevent critical errors on power transformers, the right equipment must be present. The various pieces have to be optimally matched to each other within the system, work together smoothly and provide the best possible support for existing control and maintenance processes.
We provide modular system solutions for various power transformer types, power rating classes and models. We also have decades of experience in the control and monitoring of power transformers. For the first time, ETOS® lets us provide a complete open system for automating power transformers. It comprises monitoring and safety equipment, (intelligent) sensors, field devices for control, regulation and monitoring, superordinate fleet monitoring, and all the accessories needed for attachment and communication.
We provide solutions for transformers from all manufacturers regardless of age – for a single transformer or an entire fleet. The subcomponents are split into the process level, field level and control level. What makes this Setup so special is how the components easily connect in the system, enabling a design customized to your needs. User-friendliness during integration and subsequent operation are very important to us.
We can also expand or update your existing power transformers with ease, enabling you to control and monitor your transformers effectively – for maximum availability and reliability. We can provide automation over the entire process – from assessing the situation on-site and consulting to project planning, delivery and commissioning. Put us to the test!
ETOS® Designs and Packages.
Your one-stop shop. From the very start.
From assessing the initial situation and training your personnel to subsequent expansion – our experts are at your disposal during every step of your project and even beyond.
- Inspecting the facilities.
- Recording the condition of the power transformers.
- Collecting data about sensors on-site.
- Establishing the need for new equipment and/or retrofits (sensors, protective devices, field devices and communication).
- Checking other interfaces and data sources, such as the integration of control system information.
- Clarifying communication paths/routes: Using pre-existing paths or planning the development of a parallel communication path.
- Developing detailed strategies for the entire system.
- Carrying out measurements on equipment (optional).
- Defining project expansion stages.
- Proposing recommended actions for power transformer control and monitoring.
- Analyzing and producing communication security concepts.
- Procuring additional sensors and installing them on the power transformer.
- Configuring and installing monitoring systems.
- Setting up and connecting secure communication paths.
- Configuring the TESSA® central monitoring system based on customer requirements and system conditions, and installing on-site.
- Checking wiring and communication paths.
- Checking monitoring systems for functionality and data transmission from sensors.
- Connecting monitoring systems to control systems.
- Transferring system documentation.
- Carrying out training for operating personnel.
- Assisting in equipment evaluation and decision-making.
- Integrating additional data sources or sensors.
- Periodically checking system integration and databases.
- Analyzing the products used for any adjustments needed (e.g. new functions, operating systems or security updates) and assisting with any implemented updates.